Have You Heard Of ETS?
EDUCATIONAL TALENT SEARCH is an outreach pre-college program of support services that provide enhancement activities to effect students academic performance, attendance, high school graduation and post secondary pursuit.
ETS also sponsors a program of motivational activities and exposures to endure students total development.
College tours and campus visits
ACT Preparation Testing
Field trips to cultural events, historical and educational sites
Academic skills / Rigorous curriculum
College entry liaison and support
Financial and Economic literacy
These activities are FREE!!! Students usually are referred to the program by the school counselor/team personnel. Applications may be picked up at Cope Inc. or from your schools Counselor/Personnel Office.
How Can ETS Help You?
Would you like to improve your secondary school grades or test scores in one or more subjects?
Are you interested in continuing your education beyond high school?
Do you meet the college criteria?
Do you need information on educational and career opportunities?
Do you know the top paying jobs for the future?
If you would like answers to these questions, please contact us TODAY!
What is CLASSIC UPWARD BOUND?
Click here to view our brochure.
UPWARD BOUND provides fundamental support to participants in their preparation for college entrance.
The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in pre-college performance and ultimately in higher education pursuits.
The goal of UPWARD BOUND is to increase the rates at which participants enroll in and graduate from institutions of postsecondary education.
ALL UPWARD BOUND projects provide instruction in Math, Laboratory Science, Composition, Literature, and Foreign Language.
OTHER SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Instruction in reading, writing, study skills, and other subjects necessary for success in education
- Academic, financial, economic literacy and personal counseling
- Exposure to academic programs and cultural events
- Tutorial services
- Mentoring programs
- Information on post-secondary education opportunities beyond high school
- Assistance in completing college entrance and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Work study positions to expose participants to careers requiring a post-secondary degree
- College tours and campus visits
- ACT Preparation Testing
- Field trips to cultural events, historical and educational sites
- Parental involvement
- Student stipends for participation in Program
What is UPWARD BOUND MATH & SCIENCE?
Click here to view our brochure.
The Upward Bound Math and Science program is designed to strengthen the math and science skills of participating students.
The goal of the program is to help students recognize and develop their potential to excel in math and science and to encourage them to pursue post-secondary degrees in math and science, and ultimately careers in the math and science profession.
The Upward Bound Math and Science services include:
- Summer programs with intensive math and science training
- Year-round counseling and advisement
- Exposure to university faculty members who do research in math and the sciences
- Computer training
- Conduct scientific research under the guidance of faculty members or grad students who are serving as mentors
- Counseling services to improve financial economic literacy of students
- Programs and activities designed for students who are limited English proficient
- Students from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in postsecondary education
- Students with disabilities, students who are homeless, students who are in foster care or are aging out of foster care system or other disconnected students. Other services provided by the program include services same as Classic Upward Bound.